Saturday, June 4, 2011

Utah/Wyoming

Here are a few pictures from the Utah/Wyoming leg of the trip. The one above is going into Sheridan, WY. They are backwards.


Coming into Sheridan, WY on Route 90.



Thrilling ride over the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming. There was still plenty of snow pack.







Little America, WY


At Little America, run into two bikers. Found out they were from Tooele, UT. Brad Smith on the Goldwing and Gerald Utley on the Royal Venture Yamaha.Stopped by my mother's grave site in Wanship, UT and took pictures of the family grave sites. My mother, grandmother and my mother's uncle.








Stopped by the Broken Arrow offices to see nephews Jake and Jared Maxfield.

Lee Johnson

Scott Maxfield

Picture from reburial last year of my dad, Gustave Larson from San Jose, CA to Salt Lake City, UT. Steve, Bev and Bob's father.
In Tooele with sister Beverly White.

Richard Kroff and wife Julie. One of my high school friends.



Motorcycle vest--gift from my family on my 68th birthday. Shows Tooele, Original, my nickname Big Red. The back patch references New Mexico and the Marine Corps.
Beverly's home in Tooele, Utah. I arrived there when I was 15 and lived there off and on until I was married at age 27.

Bruce and Lynda at Steadman's Honda in Tooele, UT (Steve's sister in law and brother in law).
The St. John Church (St. John, UT) that became part of the Rush Valley Ward. I was Bishop there back in 1971. The Clover Ward and the St. John ward were combined into the Rush Valley Ward. For a time, I was the only Bishop in the church with two buildings. There was an article in the Church News about this.

Orson Johnson, in Clover, Utah. My wife's uncle.

Our first house in Clover, Utah. Cheryl and I lived here when we first got married and where we lived when our first daughter Joy was born.





4 comments:

  1. I love these pictures Dad! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to see a lot! Looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great pictures! It's so great to see pictures of all our relatives out west.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I know lee he is a cousin brother to Jeff Sharp good buddies of Rich and I growing up in GP.Have a great trip. Rich and Chris will cross roads with you today although they are taking the middle rode.Safe travels. Paula

    ReplyDelete